By A Web Design
Some people tend to naturally have a more positive outlook on life, while others tend to focus on the negative, and all of us experience moments where we may feel a bit down. People who have a more positive attitude tend to be healthier, live longer and have stronger personal relationships while those with negative attitudes have more health issues and difficulty with inter-personal relationships.
To maintain a positive attitude, you must first realize that your mood is a matter of choice and that you have control over your emotions. Though it does not always seem that way, no one or nothing can make you feel angry, sad, or happy without you choosing to react that way. The exception, of course, is for people suffering from clinical depression or other physical disabilities.
If you are healthy, and want to keep up a positive attitude, there are specific steps you can take to improve your mood and take more control over your attitude.
HOW TO MAINTAIN A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Accept that the only things you can control are your own actions and responses.
- Try using humor to replace anger or negative reactions.
- Watch your thoughts. They dictate how you feel.
- Be conscious of your body language, it can affect your mood.
- Smile more, even when you are down.
- Actively switch any negative thoughts to positive ones
- Avoid negative conversations with others.
- Never let others hear you complain.
- Consciously look for something positive about everyone you meet.
- Get plenty of rest and take care of your health. A strong mind deals with adversity better.
Personal Action Plan
What situations or events tend to put me in a negative mood?
How do I normally react to those situations?
What can I do differently that will cause me to react more positively?
What is something I can do to regularly maintain a positive attitude?